A business directory is an online website or printed listing of information which lists businesses within a particular niche such as location, activity or category. One of the ways that business can be found through online searches is by listing in business directories.
Advantages of listing in local business directories :
- Increase the chances of more customers seeing your business
- Generate more traffic to your website
- Develop brand awareness of your business as it appears in multiple business directories
- Enhance your online presence by maintaining citations with a consistent NAP (Name, Address, Phone) will help your business to rank in local search.
- More affordable than traditional advertising like newspaper.
- Improve your local Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Improve your local search rank when you list on a popular niche directory that your own site doesn’t usually rank for.
Local Business Listing Directories
- Google My Business (GMB). Google My Business is the most important and essential tool for businesses and companies to manage their local business listings and online presence across Google, including search and Google Maps. Most online users use Google to search for local businesses information. By listing your businesses and if you manage them well on Google My Business, it will increase your visibility on Google. As a result, it increases the chance of your business being found by customers. To add and manage a business listing on Google My Business, you must either 1) have a physical shop storefront / physical address (brick and mortar location), or 2) you don’t have a physical location, but you provide services or travel to customers at their own address. Examples: plumbers, painters, home food business. If you are an online business with no physical premise, then you cannot manage a GMB page.
- Facebook For Business
- Instagram For Business
- LinkedIn Company Directory
- Kedah.com – Kedah.com mainly focuses for Kedah businesses. This top level domain name is very short, memorable and is highly searched on Google. The site is built for local by the local. As we focus on Kedah only the site contents become more relevant. Also, we allow local Kedahan to publish their online business listings with no physical locations on the site.
You must log in to post a comment.